Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Galesburg versus Dunlap

The light sprinkles that came down during the game tonight didn't hinder the Galesburg offense in the slightest. Zach McCrery led the way offensively which is what we need him to do. His effort also included our first team homerun as the Streaks won tonight 12-2. It is fun to watch our team when they play like they did tonight. Everyone seems to feed off one-another. It is true what they say...hitting is contagious. Personally, I am glad to see that we are putting good swings on the baseball. But, in an effort not to become satisfied, I hope to see us continue to work on getting better defensively. Tonight, we improved on our 4 error game on Saturday and committed just one. I know we can hit, and I know we can pitch, (as evidenced by the effort of Chris Fields and Austin Gernant tonight), but if we are to become complete, we need to field the baseball on a consistent basis. As the infield coach, I take a personal pride on how well we field the ball. And, I believe, that in order for us to win against a real quality opponent we need to play error free ball. I was impressed with Zach Riley as he got his first start at Shortstop. We need to continue to have guys push everyone around them to become better defensively. I know the weather does not look good for this weekend. I hope we get a break so that we can keep playing. Keep coming out to support your Streaks. It is good to see the amount of fans we have at our games